Join us for some family fun Dec 1 as New Life goes to Bethlehem. The Bethlehem Walk is a life-size reenactment of the city of Bethlehem at the time of Jesus' birth. Register to tour with us as we get in the spirit of CHRISTmas. You must be at the location no later than 5:30pm in order to make the first few tours. Located at 465 Broad Street Road, Manakin, VA 23103 (6 miles west of Short Pump).
This is a great event that Salem Baptist church puts on every year since 2003 with the partnership from several other churches. Several 1,000 people take the tour. So there is some things you need to know:
- Lines are long! We are going early to get tickets for all who register. However, when our tour is called we have to start. Even if our whole group hasn't arrived yet. We recommend getting there no later that 5:30pm.
- Parking on site is for the first 250 cars. Shuttle service is provided to and from satellite parking locations.
- Food is sold on site BUT lines can be long for that to. You are allowed to bring in food while you wait.
- The rough terrain is not suitable for wheelchairs; however we do have “chariots” to accommodate you. Umbrella Strollers can be tricky too. We recommend the strollers with the bigger wheels for this night.
- The tour is outside and is about 45 minutes long. Dress accordingly.
These tips are just to help you be prepared. This is a wonderful night and worth the wait. It will set the correct mood for the advent season and sparks great conversation with all family members as we remember the reason for the season.